Creating New Pages
To create a new page, click the "New Page" link at the bottom of the page or in the system menu. If you do not see this link, it means you do not have access to create new pages or have not yet logged in.
After clicking the "New Page" link, you will be prompted for a page title.
If you uncheck the box to generate a page address, you'll be able to specify the page name, which is displayed in the browser's address bar. See Page Names for page naming rules and conventions.
Templates are pages that can be used to insert default content into new pages. See Page Templates for help creating and managing Templates.
The Parent Page drop down allows you to select a parent page setting from a number of options:
- None - This will cause the new page to have no parent pages, regardless of the selected template.
- Same as template - This is what has always happened... the parent page(s) are copied from the selected Template page. This is the default.
- Same as [previously viewed page] - This option will create the new page with the same parent(s) as the page being viewed prior to clicking "New" to create a new page.
- NavBar1 (Horizontal Navigation Menu) - This option will put the page in the top navigation bar.
- Menu (Left Navigation Menu) - This option will put the page in the menu area, assuming the Menu page contains one of the include tags to generate navigation automatically.
- In addition to these, all pages featured on the horizontal navigation menu and at the top level under the Menu page will be included here. Selecting one of these will put the page into that "section" of the site.
Another way to create a new page is to simply link to it from another page, or type the new page's address into your browser's address bar. For example, if you enter:
into the address bar of your browser, EditMe will display an editing screen (assuming there isn't already a page called NewPage on your site). Type some text into the editor and click Save. EditMe will create a new page titled "New Page" with the content you entered.
If you see an Access Denied message, click the Login link to log in with your administrator account and try again.
See Inserting Links for tips on linking to your new page from other pages.