EditMe allows files to be uploaded and stored in your site. You can use attachments to display images and other multi-media content on your pages, or provide downloads of any file type on your site.
Attachments are closely associated with the page they are attached to. Attachments to a page take on that page's security settings. For example, attachments on a page that is viewable only by Administrators will also be only viewable by Administrators.
Attachments uploaded are stored directly on your site and can be linked to directly from anywhere on your site. Files are stored in the "files" folder, grouped by the page the file is attached to. For example, a document named "mydocument.doc" attached to a page named MyPage, will be available at http://YourAccount.EditMe.com/files/mypage/mydocument.doc.
Once you've uploaded an Attachment, it can be linked to from any page on the site. This is a little bit different from how the file Attachments are usually listed in the "Attached Files" section at the bottom of the page they're uploaded to. To link to an uploaded file Attachment from a new page:
- Find the Attachment you want to link to, and right click on the file name.
- Select "Copy Link" or "Copy Link Address". Depending on what browser you're using, the wording can be different.
- Open the page where you want to have the link in the EditMe Page Editor.
- Enter some text in the big white editor box
- Using your mouse select, the text you want to turn into a link.
- Click the"Insert/Edit Link"button on the toolbar (It's the picture of the chain-link on the second row, 6th from the RIGHT)
- Paste in the Link URL box, paste in the Link Address from Step 2
- Click Insert Link button
- Click "Save & Close" to exit the EditMe Page Editor.
See the other sections under the Attachments heading for details on working with attachments: